8th Brahmotsavams at Mandasa From 16/02/2017 – 22/02/2017
Sri Vasudeva Perumal is the presiding deity who blesses devotees with His divine grace at Mandasa. It’s Mandasa Vasudeva Permual who bestowed divine grace and knowledge upon HH Sri Sri Sri Pedda Srimannaryana Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji and Sriman Gopalacharya Swamiji and many great saints and vidvaans.
Mandasa Vasudeva Perumal temple is especially dear to our beloved HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji’s heart as the Jyanabhumi and land that bestowed His great preceptor, Gurus and Acharyas with divine knowledge, grace, guidance and blessings. It was HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamivaru who took the initiative to renovate and re establish the past glory of this temple in the year 2009. Ever since, every year the Brahmotsavam is magnificently celebrated with utmost devotion and 2017 marks the 8th Brahmotsavam.
Sri U Ve Sriman Dr Samudrala Venkata Rangaramanujacharya , head of Srimad Ubhaya Vedanta Peetham beautifully explains the importance and special significance of Sri Vasudeva Permal of Mandasa in the following words:
Lord Srimannarayana, according to the Upanishads assumes 5 different forms i.e.
1) Paravasudeva who resides and presides in Vaikuntam and Parampadam
2) Vyuha Vasudeva who presides over creation , sustainence and imbibition – Prishti, Shrishti and Laya
3) Vibhava Vasudeva who bestows the devotees with His divine grace by taking on various Avatars like Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Rama, Krishna and so on
4) Anataryami Vasudeva who resides in all beings as the Paramatma
5) Archa Vasudeva who assumes a form to bestow His divine grace in the temple and pooja mandirs at home for the upliftment and welfare of all devotees.