About Sri Perumbudur Asramam

U.Ve. Sriman Venkata Narasimha charyulu also called Kundalam Swamy, a great scholar  hailed from Koratla Nizamabad stayed in Sri Perumbudur, the birth place of Bhagawad Ramanuja where Telugu was the official language. Upto 1956, Sri Perumbudur  was a Telugu speaking district. To learn Tamil, people had to go to Kanchipuram. Later after the partition, Telugu was forgotten and Sriperumbudur became a Tamil speaking area. But the veterans can speak Telugu even today. Mandasa Ramanuja Swamivaru, the guru of Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji was the disciple of Kundalam Swamy.

Upcoming Events & News

1411, 2017

Swamiji, being a spiritual master why is social service a huge part of your conduct? – inquired a devotee in Chantilly, Virginia!

November 14th, 2017|0 Comments

Subadha is an annual event conducted by VT, Virginia – celebrating the spirit of service! [...]

1411, 2017

‘Swami reaches USA and explains – Unseen relationship between the Soul and Supreme as unveiled by Ramanujacharya’

November 14th, 2017|0 Comments

The post ‘Swami reaches USA and explains – Unseen relationship between the Soul and Supreme [...]

Kundalam Swamy

unnamedKundalam Swamy was the guru of Maringanti Sri Rangacharyulu’s guru too. Kundalam Swamy’s photo exists in every house in Sri Perumbudur. He educated everyone in SriBhashyam. Everyone chant his name as part of Guruparampara. Such is the greatness of Kundalan Swamy. Kundalam Swamy’s daughter-in-law gifted his house to Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji. “Kundalam Swamy Thirumalighai” was established as a mutt in 1956 by Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji to help the pilgrims visiting Sri Perumbudur. Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji did a maha yajna in 1976. The asram was renovated with modern facilities for the benefit of pilgrims and gruhapravesam was performed on April 4th 1999 by HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji.

Free Food Distribution

Information

Members Contact Information:
Manager: Kumar Raja
Land line:- 044 27163472
Cell: 09600236704

Mailing Address :

Kumar Raja
Kundalam Swamy Thirumaligai
Ubhaya Vedantha Acharya Peetam
35/43, Sannidhi Street , Sriperumbudur
602105

Each room has 2 cots and beds , attached bathroom, and other furniture. Drinking water is available 24 /7. A/C rooms are not available. Common room is also available to place their luggage and take bath in common bath. Cooking facility is also available when requested for in advance.

How to book

After reaching Perumbudur, contact the Perumbudur office OR Contact below member

Call Kumar Raja at 09600236704

From Chennai to Perumbudur

By Bus After getting down in Chennai Central or Egmore station, go to CMBT Bus Stand. Take 553 or 502 bus to reach Sri Perumbudur or take 76 C, 76 B going to Kachipuram and get down at Sriperumbudur – Theradi Bus Stand. While coming to Kovil street, the mattam is on the way famously known as Andhra Mattam.
From Chennai station or airport the distance is 40 kms.

Donate

✿ Those who donate Rs.6000/- on behalf of their dear ones on special days such as birthdays, marriage anniversaries etc or in the name of their departed elders, can have Tadeeyaradhana conducted on that particular day.
✿ Those who sponsor Rs.2500/- can have prasadam distributed to devotees on their name.
✿ You can donate in cash or kind for annadanam – food donations.
✿ Asram’s Wishlist – geysers, construction of more rooms, infrastructure, groceries for cooking.

 Bank Transfer  
Online Payments

Testimonials

Very thankful to Jeeyar Swamiji for building this asram. My wish to stay for couple of days and do seva in the temple has been fulfilled. Jai Ramanuja. Jai Srimannarayana
M.Andal

Video

[youtube id="-EvXvW7F5kY?rel=0" width="500" height="200" autoplay="no" api_params="" class=""]

Nearby Places ToVisit

The Parthasarathy Temple, also known as Arulmigu Parthasarathyswamy, is a Vaishanavite temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. Lord Krishna is in the form of ‘parthasarathy’, the charioteer for Arjuna in the Mahabharata war.

The temple is most widely renowned as one of the 108 sacred places where Lord Vishnu is worshipped. The temple is said to be unique as it has four different incarnations or forms of Lord Vishnu, namely, Lord Krishna, Lord Rama, Lord Narasimha and Lord Varaha.

Here all the four forms of Lord Vishnu can be worshipped at a single place, which further increases its importance among people making pilgrimages to holy places. This place has been identified in historical literature as well as sung about by innumerable fabled devotees of Lord Krishna like Thirumazhisai Alwar, Peyalwar and Thirumangaialwar. The temple stages a lot of festivals throughout the year in honour of different gods and this attracts a barrage of devoted worshippers from all parts of the country. They celebrate the festivals filled with rituals, songs, dances, pujas and delicious feasts.

Source : http://sriperumbudur.in/

Twenty Kilometres to the east of Sriperumbudur, the birthplace of Sri Ramanuja, is Manimangalam. The presiding deity at this ancient temple is Sri Rajagopala, who is seen in a standing posture facing east, with His consorts Sri Devi and Bhoo Devi. There is a separate sannidhi for Senkamalavalli Thayar. A peculiarity of the deity here is that He holds the conch in His right hand and the Sudarsana Chakram in His left hand. His lower right hand is in the Abhaya Hasta mudra and He holds the mace in His lower left hand.  There is a small carving of Yoga Narasimha, about the size of one’s palm, on the top of the outer wall of the sanctum sanctorum. Tirumanjanams are performed for this Yoga Narasimha.

Source : http://sriperumbudur.in/

Sunkuvar Chatram is on the way to Kanchipuram from Chennai. To the north of Sunkuvar Chatram is Maduramangalam, the birthplace of the Vaishnava Acharya Sri Embaar. The temple at Maduramangalam, the birthplace of Embaar, is more than a 1000 years old and is said to have been built by a Thondaimandala king called Suparna. The deity is Sri Vaikunta Perumal and there is a separate sannidhi for Kamalavalli Thayar. The utsavamurthi is the aradhanamurthi of Embaar. Sri Embaar is believed to be an incarnation of Garuda, for which reason the pushkarini is called Garuda Pushkarini. The villagers firmly believe that poisonous snakes will not harm them.

There is a separate sannidhi for Sri Embaar, and he is seen wearing a pendant gifted to him by Sri Ramanuja. The temple owns about 100 acres of land in Maduramangalam and eight acres in Kandoor village. The temple has only one prakaram, and lying there uncared for is an ancient drum, which according to a resident, had been used during utsavams in the past.The main utsavams celebrated are the Brahmotsavam in the Tamil month of Chithirai and the Embaar avatara utsavam in Thai.

Maduramangalam was originally called Mazhalaimangalam. Tiruvalluvar says in one of his couplets that only those who have not enjoyed the lisping of a child will enjoy the notes produced on a veena or a flute. There is nothing more madura (sweet) than mazhalai (lisping). So the change from Mazhalai to Madura is apt, for after all mazhalai is madura.

Source : http://sriperumbudur.in/

Kandoor is on the way to Maduramangalam and is famous for its Kalyana Varadar temple. Though there is no imposing structure and it has only one sannidhi, the priest claims that umarried men and women will soon find themselves entering matrimony if they worship at this temple. The temple houses the idols of Kalyana Varadar, Sri Devi, Bhoo Devi and Andal discovered about 500 years ago, and installed at the same place. The temple is therefore only 500 years old, although the idols are much older.

If one plans to travel by car, one can leave Chennai at around 6 a.m. visit both Maduramangalam and Manimangalam and be back by 2 p.m.

Source : http://sriperumbudur.in/

Route Map